We have a work plan to help us identify the issues and activities that we need to undertake, led and developed with the full participation of our volunteers. As we are grant funded, our work plan contributes to our decision-making transparency as it is available to organisations that have a need to know what we are doing during this period.
Our priorities for 2017/18 are:
Strategic Objective: To continue to develop the relationship with policy makers - Commissioning Groups - Locality Development Group – CQC – Healthwatch England
- To ensure that Healthwatch understands, influences and supports the engagement and consultation process for Havering residents
Strategic Objective: Supporting You to Have Your Say
- To continue to support the Borough in developing a quality feedback programme for residents who receive care services
- To continue the successful Enter and View programme, building knowledge and sharing residents’ experiences
Strategic Objective: To be part of network of health and social care professional to promote and champion the value of residents’ involvement
- To be an active participant in the Provider Alliance – shaping and supporting new service models in the interests of service users
Strategic Objective: Making a Difference Together
- Extend working with the Public Health team on Tobacco Control and London Regional Tobacco Control Network as part of the pledge to support their creating a ‘No Smoking’ environment, particulalry among young people
- Continue to develop partnership working building on the success with Care Point and Rainham Village Children’s Centre to ensure the widest network of resident engagement
- Build on the findings of the current research into the provision of services to people who have visual impairment
- Continue to seek improvement in the provision of meals for patients at Queen’s Hospital
- Work with the NEL Commissioning Alliance and ACS to improve the standard of care provided to people living with dementia in their own homes
In addition to extending our role within these areas we will monitor the work and achievements which have happened in previous years to ensure that, where we have been successful in ‘Making a Difference’, this improvement to health and social care is maintained and wherever possible developed further.
Interested? Want to know more?
Call us on 01708 303 300 or